I don't know what to think of people anymore... | Emerald Sparkled

Saturday, February 25, 2012

I don't know what to think of people anymore...

Salsacharms replied on her instagram that she might have gotten it all wrong. Although I'm still a bit sad about the attitude, I feel it's wrong to talk behind her back after this point. Thank you for all the love & support you've given me yesterday. I'm going to hide the comments when she cleans up those 2 pictures from her instagram account. Love, Deniz
It all started when I woke up this morning and saw this message on my instagram:

"It is nice to see I clearly inspired you with this manicure post. I'm even more bewildered that you don't even have the decency to acknowledge a fan. I was a HUGE fan. But after you snubbing me off and stealing. I will admire your work from afar because an attitude like that is incomprehensible to me. It's truly a shame."
The instagram user Salsacharms was accusing me of being inspired by or having stolen their manicure, and not giving her credit. When I visited her account, I saw that she reposted my manicure, and said:

"I have no words... Just feel bewildered and sad. It is a shame to be snubbed by someone you look up to, on top of that not even having the manners to reply to a huge fan... But then not even have the decency to credit someone on your work. #wtf "
And then this:

"How ironic she writes this on her blog. Really?! I'm infuriated! Ppl shouldn't say things like this and do on to others. #stillWTF?! "
I went in such a shock that my hands are still shaking vigorously, which makes it difficult for me to post. I'm not going to make it long, but I've always been the one to give credit if inspired by someone's manicure. Why should I lie about it? I've always given proper link to the true owner of a manicure, if I didn't know the true source of a picture that inspired me, I asked for help to locate it. Now I'm being called the thief and the liar. And I don't know this person, and still don't know which manicure of hers supposedly inspired me or I stole the idea from. Cause that was one of my manicure disaster days, where I added layers on top of each other to make it work. I replied her on my instagram, and also on hers:
"I'm truly shocked and I don't even know what you're talking about. I always gave people credit if I was inspired by their manicures, but to be honest I don't even know about your blog or your manicure, because this one progressed during the day when I was not satisfied with what I've done and just added coats and coats on top of each other. I never lied on my blog, I never hesitated acrediting someone properly and I've never deseved such harsh words. Plus, I don't even know which manicure you're talking about. You could have at least provided me a link... "
and:
" http://instagr.am/p/grjmh/ is this the manicure you're talking about? Because it's plain to see that the only common thing is the rosy theme, and the glitters. Not even The placement of the roses match. I can now find at least 50 manicures that were posted before yours, that are more similar with this manicure, including one of mine from the last year. Does this mean you're a thief now? Thief is too harsh. If I were to copy your manicure and then didn't mention you at all then this would be rude, but out manicures have nothing to do with each other. I've just found yours now while browsing through your pictures... Plus, roses are very common in nail art, I've done at least 5 rose manicures till today, and the rose manicure idea does not belong to me at all. But not to you, either. And, if you were to browse my blog by the "inspiration" label, you would clearly see that I NEVER leave out credit, if I'm actually inspired by this person. Plus, my manicures have actually been stolen or copied without credit at least 50 times, and I've never even bothered going to their blog and calling them thief. I'm in total disbelief and I think I deserve a proper apology or I'm going to defend myself properly on my blog, where other people can read about this."
I still don't know what she means by "stealing". Do you guys know her blog? Or is she just an instagram user? I have no idea what's going on here, this is the first time something like that is happening to me. I've never been accused of something as harsh as thievery. If she thinks I stole her idea, and let's think for a moment that I was inspired by her roses, how many freaking rose manicures are out there? I've done 5-6 rose manicures thus far, and I'm sure everone else has done some, come on, who does the original idea belong to? You can't claim such a generic idea to be yours. If it's this manicure she's talking about, I don't know which part she's talking about. Roses?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis