From The Vault: Snakeskin | Emerald Sparkled

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

From The Vault: Snakeskin

Life has been hectic lately. I can't believe this post has been sitting among my posts as a draft for four days now.
As I told you before, I had a nail polish meeting with 4 other nail polish ladies from Turkey, namely Basak, Nemo, Tansu and Dilek. The picture below is courtesy of Basak, she took wonderful pictures of our nails =) Visit her blog for more pictures!

Clockwise from top: Dilek, me, Basak, Nemo and Tansu.

Basak was wearing OPI Guy Meets Gal Veston, with Zoya Tanzy sponged on tips. All others were wearing local brands, only Dilek had China Glaze OMG on her ring finger. I did a neutral leopard manicure to match my bag. By the way, I adore that ring! It's from Pieces and I looked so hard to find my size =)
Basak delivered the new Bundle Monster plates Oyku got for me, and also half of the OPI On Strange Tides Collection.
I wanted to try out the snakeskin design first, so I applied Zoya Edyta and stamped it with the sknakeskin pattern from BM215 using Flor Mar #64. Zoya Edyta is bronze and olive green sparkles sitting in a dirty teal base. I think it's an absolutely amazing polish, but sadly there is a downside of it. It stains so horribly that my nails looked like a freshly summoned zombie when I removed the polish from my nails. I think it requires several coats of base coat before application.
Here is the manicure:

Zoya Edyta with BM215 Snakeskin Pattern

Zoya Edyta with BM215 Snakeskin Pattern

Zoya Edyta with BM215 Snakeskin Pattern

Not summery at all, but I still like it =)
Have a great day!

Hayat biraz karışık ve yoğun geçti son zamanlarda. Hatta bu yazıyı yazmaya 4 gün önce başlamışım, ama bitirememişim bir türlü.
Daha önce de söylediğim gibi, 2 hafta kadar önce 4 tane oje blogger'ıyla buluştum, yani Başak, Nemo, Tansu ve Dilek'le. Bu resmi Başak çekti, daha fazlası için onun bloguna bakabilirsiniz =)
Yukarıdan itibaren saat yönünde: Dilek, ben, Basak, Nemo ve Tansu.
Başak'ın tırnaklarında OPI Guy Meets Gal Veston üzerine süngerlenmiş Zoya Tanzy vardı. Dilek'in yüzük parmağında China Glaze OMG, bende Alix Avien'in 2 ojesiyle ve konad siyah ile yapılmış leopar deseni, Tansu'da Flor Mar Supershine #41, Nemo'da ise Golden Rose Nail Art fuşya var. Yüzüğümü ise Pieces'den aldım, ama çok aradım gerçekten, çok =)
Bu arada Başak bana Öykü'nün aldığı diskleri ve OPI Stranger Tides koleksiyonunun yarısını teslim etti =)
İlk olarak yılan derisi desenini denemek istedim, bunun için Zoya Edyta sürdüm ve BM215 diskindeki deseni Flor Mar #64 kullanarak damgaladım. Zoya Edyta, zeytin yeşili ve bronz ışıltılar içeren, kirli yeşil-mavi arası bir oje. Ben inanılmaz seviyorum bu ojemi, ancak kötü bir yönü de var. Tırnakları o kadar feci boyuyor ki, yeni dirilmiş bir zombi gibi hissediyor insan kendini ojeyi sildikten sonra. Bir dahaki sefere alta birkaç kat base coat süreceğim.
Pek yaz manikürü olmadı, ama bugünlük de böyle olsun =)

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful mani =] I love the texture of that polish too... really works with the snake-skin effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both the leopard and snakeskin manis! :) I tagged you with the Top 10 Award here - http://necessary-nails.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-10-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. First picture is just soooooo pretty! I love seeing pretty nails together. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing snakeskin mani.. Flawless as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The zoya worked so well for a snake mani! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kesinlikle çok güzel, seviyorum böyle vahşi şeyleri, buluşmadaki leoparda süper :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @sevda sağol canım beğendiğine sevindim =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. çok güzel olmuş ve ben de geçen gün flormar u30 sürdüğümde 64 kullanarak bi desen mi yapsam diye geçirmiştim aklımdan.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love that polish, and that image plate! They go together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you guys! =D cok tesekkur ederim herkese =)
    @thalie it's a greenish silver, or silvery green =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! You chose some great polishes for this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!!!! I just ordered the new BM plates and I am SUPER excited for this image, I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have a fun time! Pretty manis!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the snakeskin mani. It's the prefect polish for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you,Trincess.I am glad to know now. I don't have Edyta,but I do have Color Club Snakeskin,so then all I need is silvery green stamping polish,which shouldn't be hard to find,although it probably won't look quite like your mani,which is is fantastic,btw.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hiç beeenmedim taaammı :(( off senin sayende o hayvanı bile sevcem galiba :D güzel olmuss

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving that picture with everyone's nails! Looks like it can be seen in a magazine :) Hehe, & love the idea of meeting with other nail polish junkies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ojeler diskler hayırlı olsun pek güzel ama içim karadı yia cıvıl cıvıl şeyler olsun bidahakine havada kapalı zaten :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Soo pretty love the snak skin and the first pictures is just great love all thos pretty naild together :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen everyone's snakeskin nails floating around but I think yours is really awesome, because it looks SO much like snakeskin!

    Great manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sık sık takip ettiğim blogcular bir arada ne tatlı bir buluşma olmuş (: nemo herzamanki gibi simlerini sürmüş sürüştürmüş (:

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you so much, my dear friends! sorry for the late reply <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?

    I'm hoping to start my own site soon but I'm a little
    lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like
    Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that
    I'm completely confused .. Any suggestions? Cheers!

    my homepage :: Methadone Clinic In

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis